So I really like doing these Seven Quick Take Link-Ups over at This Ain’t The Lyceum on Fridays. Seven things that don’t really constitute a whole blog post, but things I want to chat about nevertheless.
1) So did you see that article that went viral earlier this week about why we supposedly can’t handle marriage anymore? It had really bugged me, so I wrote a response to it. Twittered it to the author of the article as well. He tweeted back. I know it’s not much, but I do try to make a difference in the small things if I can.
2) This past Monday my parents flew into town and we watched my youngest sister perform in front of the America’s Got Talent judges. I can’t tell you what happened or if they made it to the next round or not, so you’ll just have to wait for the episode to air on 5/26. 🙂 As family of the performers, we had to sit in a special section with all the other friends/family of the other performers. I never saw the camera on us, but there had to have been one. Before each new performance, a crew member would come over to our section and make sure that there were no seat gaps in whatever the camera frame was capturing, and then mic one of the family remembers in order to catch the section’s verbal responses to the performance and judging.
What was really awkward, though, was that as each group performed and the judges judged, we were sitting right there next to the other families. Sure, we wanted to hope for them that their act would make it, but every act that made it through lowered the ratio that OUR act would make it. So though we cheered for the other groups who’s families were sitting right next to us with their fingers crossed, we also partially didn’t want them to make it. And then, how can one group be happy for their act making it through, but then not gloat too much because someone right next to them may not have made it.
Overall though, it was fun. Oh, and this is my sister’s band, if you’d like to check them out: The Reckless Charms.
3) My husband is out of town this weekend, running in the So Cal Ragnar Relay. Teams of 12 run a total of almost 200 miles in just 2 days. He keeps trying to get me to participate someday, but I just don’t know… 🙂
4) Easter as last weekend and I kind of feel like we didn’t celebrate it to its’ full effect. I don’t think I even took pictures of the kids dressed up. The weekend felt busy and rushed and we were getting ready for my parents to get into town and to figure out what was going on with my sister’s AGT audition and where we’d need to be when. So yes, Easter did happen here at the Peck house, I just didn’t document it well.
5) Almost-Toddler S turns 1 at the end of this month. He was just born, wasn’t he?! C was walking at this point, and she also knew a couple signs and I believe she spoke a couple basic words, like mama, dada, bye, ball. S is doing none of that yet. Maybe kind of knows the “all done” sign, and he’ll smile and recognize the “milk” and “more” signs, but I’m not getting much back from him yet. It’s weird with a second kid and I try not to compare to the first and I know that every child is different and I’ve certainly heard that boys are different that girls too. So I’m not really worried at all. But I’d by lying if I said I wasn’t looking forward to hearing a couple words or even baby signs or some kind of communication. Walking I’m not so much worried about, as he’s a SUPER fast crawler and I’m sure in his mind, the slowness of learning to walk from place to place seems pointless. Still, we’re working on it.
6) My garden is coming along well! I will take pictures this next week and document in a blog post.
7) I don’t know what to write for #7! Um, I need to go take a shower once S is down for a morning nap and I’m hoping to go to the YMCA this afternoon to continue working with C on swimming. Super exciting life, huh? 🙂
Ok, I’m done. Thanks for joining me!